Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blindsided

Today was the day.


I was wondering if I was "over It". "It" being the grief that wrenches my heart in a vice grip. The past few months have gotten easier, and that vice grip had twisted counter clockwise and let off a little bit of the hurt. I thought that maybe, just maybe, that intense hurt was gone forever..and I could deal with my grief in an adult like manner from here on out. Then today, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, full of sunshine..

"It" blindsided me ..and...
The vice grip twisted clockwise again.

Maybe this is what I'm in for , for the rest of my life? Most days will be good ones, and every once in a while, there will be a tough one thrown in just to remind me that it's okay to hurt?

Dunno, but I am sure glad that tomorrow is another day, and another chance to appreciate the greatness of all that I have and love, other than that of a sad mom, missing the opportunity to watch a child grow.


Here's a link to my "theme song of the day"..It's one of my all-time favorites..George Strait, singing "You'll Be There"..

No comments:

Post a Comment