Sunday, April 26, 2015

Gino is 1 month

I'm a week late in posting this, but I have a feeling that's how all my updates are going to go from here on out. It's tough to find a quiet minute to sit down and blog anymore. 

                                              [one month old]

Gino turned a month old on the 25th. His first month was a challenging one, but we got through it. I've never known sleep deprivation the way I do now--but it is improving. He went from waking every 30-45 min his first few weeks to sleeping 2-3 hour stretches in the last week. Last night he even gave his mama a 5 hour stretch!

                                    [we bid farewell to his first pjs]

He's growing like a weed. He's up to 9lbs 8oz. I have to admit, I got a little sentimental packing up his newborn clothes to give to another mama. I'm not one to hold onto things for sentimental reasons, but if there was ever anything to wanted to keep, it would be his first little pjs (which were also Sal and Carla's first pjs). Instead, I neatly folded and placed them on top of the stack to give away. And cried. 

Yep. I got all weepy over folding pajamas. Someone help me! 

                                   [ getting "snuggles" from the bigs]

Gino is starting to interact more, and stay awake for longer stretches during the day. Right now, I've managed to have all three kids napping at the same time every afternoon. It's good for my sanity (and gives me time to clean up the tornado that sweeps through my living room every morning). I'm not sure how much longer their naps will coincide, but I'll take it as long as I can get it. 

We did take advantage of the newborn sleepiness and had a photo shoot with a local photographer (check out ) at the park. Here's one of my favorites below. 

                          [photo credit:]

                                           [ great grandma Pat]

He finally met his great grandma Pat and great aunt Cindy last week and also met his great uncle Greg and great aunt Michael the same day. It was his first trip to Santa Barbara. Other outings included going to the beach, playgrounds, a coffee date with my old college roommates and their babies and Sal's school. As much as I would've liked to have kept him quarantined, it's just not possible with two other kids who need to get out. 

Gino loves to sway in his rocker most afternoons and still enjoys a nice tight swaddle. He's still living in a pack and play in our room--but I'm ready to move him to his own room sooner than later. I think we all sleep better when we're in our own rooms.

All in all, his first month flew by at rocket speed. Happy first month, G!

No comments:

Post a Comment