Tuesday, March 26, 2013

(Gold)Fish Eggs

Please tell me I'm not the only parent out there who has a child that devours goldfish crackers like they're going out of style?

And when I say "devour", that's a nice way of saying he shoves a small school of fish in his mouth. After a few choking incidents (for the record- number of fish I have extracted with the finger swoop is eleven), I have had to start rationing his fish eating.

A fellow expat who has since returned to the US sent us a care package of Easter themed stuff, including plastic Easter eggs.

One morning, I got the idea to put 3-4 goldfish in each egg and hide them in the living room. As he found them, he could open them and have a mouthful of fish, and I wouldn't have to play fish police all morning.

We've been doing this for the past week, as Easter approaches, and thought I'd share it since I know most toddlers love them some goldfish crackers, and as a parent, it serves two purposes...an activity AND snack time. Double bonus in our household is the fact that it slows my son down so he actually enjoys them!





2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sounds a lot like my Golfish-school eating kid. Shoves in as many as possible. I think he is afraid of a fish famine.

    Doing this egg + goldfish thing! Yay for activity + snack rationing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, his toes!
    Hugs, Vernie

    ReplyDelete