Monday, April 4, 2011

Score!

I admit, I am not really one to follow trends. I have always liked what I like, and worn what I felt most comfortable in, all the while, wishing I could pull of the current trends like other women do. There, my secret is out...I don't follow trends because I can't "see myself" pulling it off without looking stupid and out of place. The big belt trend..LOVE it. But do I own any? NOPE. Why not? because it's not "me".

And then I ran across a trend that I absolutely adore. And probably, just for the fact that I like this trend, it's probably already been and gone and is soooo last year, but I just learned about it, and I'm going with it..so deal with it! They're called body-con dresses. A lot of celebs like Kim Kardashian and Posh Spice have been seen out in them, and even my favorite Jersey Shore guidettes wear them. The most common body-con dresses are "bandage dresses"
With a vacation on the horizon, and the desire to rock a cute little number, I scoured the internet for dresses that I liked. I found a ton of stripper websites, which was definitely NOT what I was looking for when I googled "sexy dresses"..but I also stumbled upon my new favorite dress website called Hot Miami Styles.

They have tons of really awesome dresses, ranging from sweet to saucy, and everything in between. I poured over their body-con bandage dresses and fell in love with the one in the photo above. I've never had much luck with internet ordering clothing, so I bookmarked it just in case I decided to try my luck ordering something that most likely would not look as good on me as it does in the photo.

Well, during one of my lunchtime jaunts to the mall (our local mall is about 2 minutes from my office), I ran into teenybopper heaven ( aka. Forever21) and just perused their inventory of dresses. Most of them would look hideous on me, and the whole 80's crop top floral thing that's big right now, is not high on my list of likes. As I was ready to get myself out of there before someone I knew saw me ( I can just imagine, " uhm, did you see Brie? I saw her, and she was like, uh..walking out of Forever21....Doesn't she know she's in her 30's?"), I spotted it.

The dress.

Just like the one from Hot Miami Styles. Only different colors. I liked these colors better. I found my size. I grabbed it and thought to myself,

"Quick, I have 30 minutes left on lunch, let me sneak into a dressing room to see how terrible it looks on me so I can un-bookmark it on my PC and start shopping in more age appropriate stores for a 'safe' dress."

I pulled it on.

OMG. Like a glove.

...and out I walked with the dress I had been drooling over, without having to do any internet ordering or returns ( not to mention for $14 cheaper!) , and I so.can.not.wait.to.wear.it in Costa Rica.

SCORE!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the dress pictured above!! It looks really really cute! Now we need a picture of you in the dress during your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! glad you got your dress! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete