Sunday, April 3, 2011

PB cup chocolate cookies

I've recently discovered our local Sprouts market, and their amazing bulk bins. I LOVE bulk bins, and haven't seen them anywhere other than Winn-co when I live in Oregon. They've got everything from brown rice, to granola, to wasabi peas and chocolate covered everything...including morsel size peanut butter cups for baking.

Of course, I had to buy some...

and make these....
Chocolate cookies with mini peanut butter cups.
Recipe makes 1 dozen HUGE cookies.

1 stick butter
2TBSP peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 c. mini peanut butter morsels

preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cream sugars and butter together. Add egg. Add vanilla.
Mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, powder and soda together.
Slowly incorporate into wet ingredients with mixer on low.
Add peanut butter cups and mix by hand until well dispersed into dough. Dough will be sticky.

*tip, lightly spray an icecream scoop with nonstick spray and scoop dough out onto parchment paper. Cookies will spread so I tend to get 6 to a sheet rather than a dozen.

Bake 15-20 minutes, remove from heat and let cool on cookie sheet.
I took my sister Stephanie of Sweet Creations there yesterday to pick up some Sabrett's hot dogs for her New York born husband..She was thrilled to find them here in California so that they no longer have to smuggle hot dogs back from their New York trips.. My sis also picked up some mini peanut butter cup morsels to put in her homemade ice cream. How dreamy is that going to be?

Good thing she had to get home, because I got this grand ol idea to smush her PB cup ice cream between two of my chocolate pb cup cookies..how awesome would that be? Saved myself a few hundred calories by coming up with that idea after she was well on her way back home...otherwise, the two of us + our ideas+ sweet teeth+ impulsivity= ice cream sandwiches for supper.

3 comments:

  1. Please send me 4 cookies so I can smash my PB mini cup Ice cream inside your PB Mini cup cookies.

    ♥ you

    p.s. Your brother in law enjoyed each and every bite of his Sabrett's tonight. He asked me where the store was and I laughed.. I paid zero attention when you were driving me there. I did look it up and know where it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Winn-Co for this very reason! Bulk buying is great, esp for baking!

    These look yummy & still sounds good for dinner!

    ReplyDelete