Friday, January 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Smooches

I'm attempting to get my act together to send a few Valentine's out this year to some of my BFF's..Last night, I did my best to try and make Peanut Butter Blossoms as seen on eighteen25's blog. I don't know what recipe they used, but I grabbed this one off of JIF.com's website. I let my hubby try a couple, and before I knew it, he had 4 on his plate..his excuse?? He flipped one over while still hot and made a mess of chocolate, and well, the other one got a little chocolate on it too..So theoretically, he only took 2 good ones. Love that man.
Chocolate-Peanut-Buttery-Love in a cookie. Try it!
Ingredients
1/2 cup CRISCO® Butter Shortening
1/2 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups PILLSBURY BEST® All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sugar
48 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.Cream together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
3.Sire together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
4.Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
6.Top each cookie immediately with an unwrapped chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment