Thursday, January 20, 2011

Orange you going to share?

Our backyard backs up to 5 other backyards ( yes, ours is that big, and theirs are that small) of our neighbors.

One backyard neighbor shares the laughter of their children with us. The kids must be 3-5 years old, and apparently, fromt he sounds of it, Looooooove ice cream with sprinkles, as I heard them squealing with delight this past Sunday as I laid in our yard tanning. So, neighbors behind us, thank you for sharing the joys ( and occassional screams of despair) of childhood with me. Little do they know that I actually enjoy the banter of little kids chatter in the yard.

We've got the gazebo neighbors, which we don't know anything about other than the fact that they have a gazebo roof poking up above the fenceline...

We've got the Hidee-ho neighbor who often peeks over the fence to talk to us when he sees we're inthe backyard doing yardwork.

We have another backyard neighbor who NZ and I gave a nickname to the entire family--as they seem like they might like wizards and $hit...so they are the Harry Potter family.

And then there are these neighbors. I don't know much about them, other than I want their oranges. Don't you think they should share? Afterall, it is technically on our side of the fence, and it's only like a dozen oranges...Do you think I'd get busted for picking them?

I'm tempted..oh so tempted. Gotta beat the raccoons to them!

2 comments:

  1. I doubt if they can reach those to pick them...go for it. We use to pick the apricots from our backyard neighbors tree in Carp. It hung on our side of the fence!

    ReplyDelete