Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bali favorites

We're back from holiday in Bali.

Nusa Dua beach
 
I'm glad to be done flying for a while. Flights with toddlers, although not impossible, are tiring. Gone are the days of plugging in my earphones, reclining my seat and catching a few movies. I've traded that type of travel in for constant distractions, baby wrangling and acting as a makeshift trampoline. But, it's worth it.

I've said it before, but I'd love for Sal to see the World and grow up realizing that life isn't all about material possessions. Living in Asia, we have the opportunity to explore some countries we never would have considered visiting from the States. Destinations which would require multiple flights and a few days travel from California can be reached within a couple of flights and one days travel from here.
architecture

Bali was lovely.

The people were so gracious and humble. The town of Nusa Dua was beautiful. Our resort, the Westin Nusa Dua, was fantastic. It was definitely more of a family resort, so if you ever head to Bali and want to party, the Westin is not the place for you. My favorite thing about the resort was our room. We had a room with our own lanai and extra space to keep the crib. We were actually able to put Sal down for naps and bedtime and sit on our lanai while he talked himself to sleep.

We spent most of our time on the beach and in the pool. Sal loved the water and the sand. He built some serious sandcastles with his dad.


 



sand in the hair, oh yeah.
 
One morning we rented bicycles (with the most punishing seats!) and rode down the beach walk to a blow hole. It was gorgeous, and the ocean spray felt so so good!


We had great Balinese food (with some Western comfort food mixed in) and just soaked up every minute of beach time we could. Looking forward to choosing our next destination. Oh where oh where will the Zentils go?


2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures and love that Sal is getting to see (even if he won't remember) the world! The pictures you have from your expeditions while over there are great for him to have.

    Punishing bicycle seats make me cringe...Oh, I so don't do bicycles for that reason....OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great, but I wish I saw that cool hotel setup! I'm always so curious how others handle the kid crib thing.

    Bali has always been on my list. This makes me want to bump it up higher. :)

    ReplyDelete