Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Brownie truffle wanna-be's



I've all but lost my urge to bake lately. Nothing jumps out at me as something that I-must-make-now-or-the-world-will-end, except that the other night, I opened our cabinet to organize our dry goods ( I know, exciting Monday night project, right?) and saw baker's cocoa and a recipe for Brownies.

I attempted to make said Brownies, from said recipe, and added a twist for St Patty's day..by adding mint extract & semi sweet morsels to the batter. I baked up a 1/2 recipe (in case the recipe sucked), put it in a ziploc and mashed it all together into a "dough" of sorts. I rolled the dough into 1 inch balls, and chilled overnight in the fridge, much like one would chill a cakeball. This morning before work, I melted semisweet morsels on 50% heat in the microwave and thinned it with a little bit of that dreaded Crisco for dipping. After dipping each brownie ball, I sprinkled rainbow jimmies on top and placed them in candy wrappers.

Super cute, minty wanna be truffles.

If you're looking for an easy, bite-size gift or treat for those around you, these are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment