Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blame it on the Rain

I couldn't help but bust out in a Milli Vanilli song, but to be completely accurate, we'd have to also blame the high winds and horrendous weather mother nature sent our way today for what occurred this morning across our neighborhood in lil 'ol N.P.




Our neighbor started out with 8 trees this morning, but by 12 p.m. today, 6 of 8 fell in the windy weather. Thank goodness no one was hurt, and I just watched it all unfold from my kitchen window.


When NZ and our neighbor got home, they felled the last two trees for safety reasons, and NZ spent the rest of the afternoon helping our neighbors cut
up the trees so that the street could be cleared.

This is just one of the many things I love about my husband. Today was his Sunday to relax,check out the RC show, kick back, go to the gym, do whatever he wanted...and what did he do instead??

He helped a friend.

in the rain.

in sopping wet jeans.

for 4 hours straight.

And never once will I hear him complain about it, because well, that's just not his style.

2 comments:

  1. Brie,

    So happy that you all are okay. And your hubby, what a sweet heart, reminds me of mine...never the complainer, always the helper :) Great quality!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete