Saturday, February 5, 2011

I think he loves me

I think my cat "Beaver" just *might* love me. All 18 lbs of his lovin' cuddled up on top of me a few nights ago as I dozed off on the couch watching "How I Met Your Mother" ( which, BTW--is a hilarious show if you were in your twenties during the earlier part of this decade). I think he was grateful to be in the house with us for the evening, since I have noticed that the cats in the neighborhood have been spraying our garage in an attempt to lay claim on his territory.
If there is one thing I can't stand, it's the smell of cat pee, yet, somehow, last Saturday, I found that cats had sprayed everything in our garage ( Thank God for airtight tupperware storage bins) including my sewing machine bin, my car, Nick's lathe machine and toolbox, my washing machine and his boots. D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G, or as my sister used to say "Grody to the maxxx".
I spent the betetr part of my morning mopping the floor with ammonia ( the smell was not much better than cat pee) and wiping down everything that had been tagged. Then came the lysol spray, and I think that the mix of ammonia and lysol has kept them out this week..But still, what the heck are those cats thinking, beating up on an old man cat ( Beaver turns 11 this year)?
I'm seriously debating getting one of those remote collars that has a sensor that allows only our cat in and out of the garage. Has anyone seen those doors? There is a sensor in the door, and one on your cat's collar..so the hoodlums ( raccoons included) can't enter. It's expensive, but good lord I am sick of those freeloaders cleaning out his food and squatting in our garage.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe Beaver is 11 years old!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a biiiiiiiiiiig cat. lol. love the pic though ;O) HUGS

    ReplyDelete