Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lem'me see your Tootsie roll


These were/have been one of my all-time favorite candies, ever. Neccos trumped them for a long while, but ever since New England Candy Co. changed their Necco recipe, I'm giving tootsie rolls a major lead in the "best candy ever" category.
One of my BFF's, Sara aka. "Ma'am", sent me this recipe a long long time ago, and I used to make these and homemade Cadbury Eggs ( only my Cadbury eggs did not turn out so egg-like, but they tasted good!..that's a whole nother post.) all the time...until I got onto a health kick, and my sunshine and I pretty much banned anything but veggies, rice, potatoes, meat and egg whites from our shopping list.
Now that we're back to living life as normal people who eat just about anything, including sugar ( sugar makes everything better...so does ranch..but don't get me started), I wanted to make something fun..and so I pulled out my trusty ol Tootsie Roll recipe and got to work tonight.
For those adventurous enough to make their own, the recipe can be found here...(courtesy of Allrecipes.com). I tried something new tonight, and it worked like a charm..wanna know what I did?
Sure you do.
I poured all of the ingredients into a Sturdy Gallon Size Ziploc, and kneaded the "dough" together through the bag, until it was mostly combined. Once it was like "clay", I dumped it out onto my silicone baking mat which was covered in powdered sugar, and kneaded it a bit more..Then I divided it into 4 sections, and rolled each into a rope, then cut pieces off and wrapped them in wax paper squares.
And voila, There you have your tootsie roll!


2 comments:

  1. Well, you know these are my favorite and now that you've solved the messy problem with a Ziploc bag you know I'll be making them at home asap!! =) I love it!! xx Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm My Fav!!! Love it, lemme see dat tootsie roll, c'mon tootsie roll! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete