Friday, September 1, 2017

Visiting Papa Jet + Meme

    Our family (plus my sister) spent a week in Nevada  back in July. This was our third trip to my dad and step mom's property in Northern Nevada since we've been back from China. I wish we could go up there more often, but work obligations and the long drive (7.5 hours) have deterred us from visiting more often. Now that the kids are older and almost all potty trained, I think we'll probably try and get up there more often. We all have SO much fun every time we go.








    We spent the first day hanging out around the house; letting the kids enjoy horseback riding, quad riding and splashing in the kiddie pool while we lounged around drinking beers and  catching up. My dad took Sal, Nick and me "up the hill" to get a view of Lake Topaz and Smith Valley. Little did I realize until we were already fully committed to a one-way switch backing dirt trail straight up a damn mountain what we were in for.  The ride was worth the view though. It was really cool being able to see Smith Valley from one side, and then turning 180 degrees to see Topaz lake. 


   On Monday, Nick, Sal and my dad went fishing at Lake Topaz. Sal not only caught his first fish ever, but also the first one on his grandpa's new boat! He continued on to catch two more! He was quite excited to show us ladies (& Gino) when we arrived a bit later for a boat ride. Nick showed him how to clean it out, and my dad prepped at grilled it for Sal's dinner. He was so excited to try fresh trout, but has determined that he still prefers ocean fish like flagfish and cod. 


We girls went into Reno and had lunch and shopped for Meme's birthday. We found a fabric store called Mill End fabrics--also known as paradise to anyone who loves fabric as much as I do! It was dejavu when I walked in-- recalling being in that very store about 24 years ago with my mom when I was in Reno for a gymnastics competition. I ended up buying some by the pound lycra with visions of bikinis on my mind. 


All in all, another fantastic trip to my dad's in the books. Already looking forward to our next trip up there.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment