Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Toddler tales: the very hungry caterpillar

With all this time cooped up inside, I've started reading more to Sal. We've always read daily, but now that I'm trying to assemble some sort of order after the chaos of bringing a new baby home, I have set aside time each day to read a book to Sal and include an activity related to the book. 

Today we read, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. I love Eric Carle books. They were my favorite books as a teacher because there are so many lessons that can be created from the stories. 

Today I got my usually unenthusiastic artist (he is not a fan of coloring or painting) to play with a stamp pad to create colorful butterflies just like the one at the end of the story by  stomping on the stamp pad and pressing his feet on the paper. I later added the body and antennae. 

He love it and insisted we make more...we made so many we wore the stamp pad out!

No comments:

Post a Comment