Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The peddler

Sal and I took a quick walk over to our local produce market this afternoon, and as always, he scored some free food. Today's bounty of "free-because-I'm-so-good-looking" food included a cucumber (peeled..such service!) and banana. Our vegetable seller LOVES Xiǎodìdi (shao-tee-tee) "little brother", which is what Sal gets called by pretty much anyone who stops to say hello.

On our way out of the produce market, we passed a man on a loud speaker. If there is one thing I can say --Chinese have NO volume control. Louder is better. He who speaks louder wins. It's sensory overload at times. Drawn to the man on his loud speaker, I took a little detour towards him, but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw what he was pedaling.

Here's a hint....

If I had anything ailing me, this man could fix it with his magic potions!

More specifically... snake potions.

Complete with live snakes.

He started to walk towards me with a snake and that's where I drew the line.

Uh uh. No way.

Maaaaaaaaajor bu Yao!








No comments:

Post a Comment